If you have AirPods, you can connect them to your Windows 10 system and use them with it alongside your Apple products. Allow me to show the best way to get it done.
When compared with other wireless earbuds, AirPods are pretty simple to use and they’re way more portable due to their size and form factor. Generally, if you want to pair AirPods together with your iPhone or macOS, all you need to do is flip open the AirPods cap and tap or click a button. Apple achieves this using a special chip called W1 chipset which automatically does all the heavy lifting for you.
In contrast to your other Apple products, pairing AirPods with Windows 10 requires a couple more steps. That said, it is nothing hard. Stick to the below steps and you should have Windows 10 connected to AirPods in no time.
Note: For that below method to work, the body needs to have Bluetooth.
Steps to Connect AirPods to Windows 10
Since the AirPods also provide Bluetooth functionality included in it, we will make use of this feature to connect AirPods to Windows 10. Like I said before, it’s not going to be as seamless because it could be with Apple devices but it’s pretty easy.
1. First, flip open your AirPods case. Now, press and hold the pairing button before you see the white blinking light. Once the case light blinks, this means that it’s in pairing mode.
2. Now in Windows 10, open the PC Settings app by pressing the Win + I keyboard shortcut. Within the settings app, visit the “Devices → Bluetooth & other devices” page.
3. In this article, click the “Add Bluetooth or other devices” button appearing around the right page.
4. In the “Add a Device” menu, click on the “Bluetooth” option.
5. The above action will trigger the scanning process. When the scan is performed, you need to see your AirPods in the results list. From the list, select your AirPods.
If you don’t call at your AirPods in the Bluetooth devices list, make sure that your AirPods are still in pairing mode and try again.
That’s it. As soon as you select your AirPods, it will likely be combined with your Windows 10 system. Once the AirPods are connected, you can begin using it.
AirPods with Windows 10 – Wrap Up
From this point forward, your AirPods should automatically connect to Windows 10 with no manual intervention.
However, if you’ve connected to some other Bluetooth device then Windows might not automatically re-connect to AirPods in the next run. In those cases, you have to manually establish the connection. To do that, visit the “Bluetooth & other devices” page in the PC Settings app and select your AirPods underneath the “Audio” section.
That’s all. It is that easy for connecting AirPods to Windows 10.